LIMA — The Lima Fire Department kept busy Sunday night responding to two fires within a half-hour of each other.
At 6:52 p.m. they were called to 1609 S. Central Ave. for a bedroom fire.
That fire was extinguished by 7 p.m.
Everybody inside escaped safely.
Then at 7:18 p.m., the Fire Department was called to 1119 St. Johns Ave. after residents there reported someone had put gasoline on the side of their home and lit it.
The homeowner was able to put the fire out before crews arrived.
Damage was limited to the home’s siding.
Both fires remained under investigation late Sunday.