Christmas Tree Festival
Today through Sunday
The Allen County Museum is holding its 50th annual Christmas Tree Festival from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. Along with a wide variety of decorated trees from businesses, agencies and individuals, the festival will also feature a children’s art exhibit, wood carving and rug hooking demonstrations Friday through Sunday, readings of “The Polar Express” and, of course, Evergreen the Talking Tree.
Delphos Kiwanis Hometown Christmas
6 to 8:30 p.m. Friday
The Delphos Kiwanis Club holds its Hometown Christmas celebration on the second Friday after Thanksgiving, and this year’s event at Main and Second Streets will include a parade to welcome Santa Claus to his house on Second Street across from the fire department.
Delphos Happy Holidays Craft Show
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday
Delphos Jefferson High School will host a Happy Holidays Craft Show from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., featuring a variety of raffles and concessions along with numerous homemade crafts. All raffle items will be donated from the vendors in attendance.
Downtown Lima Holiday Festival
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday
Downtown Lima will be the place to be Saturday with the Holiday Festival sure to provide a stocking full of fun for the entire family. Along with a special escort of Santa Claus to The Meeting Place on Market by the Lima Fire Department, there will be a variety of crafts and activities provided by Westgate Lanes, the U.S. Air Force, West Ohio Community Action Partnership and other community partners. Also, there will be plenty of photo opportunities with Santa and with the Coca-Cola Polar Bear.
Holiday Collage Concert
2:30 p.m. Sunday
Bluffton University will hold its Holiday Collage Concert at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Yoder Recital Hall. This concert will feature various music ensembles at the university coming together, including performances by singers and players from the University Chorale and the Concert Band playing a medley of famous holiday songs. The event is free and open to the public.
• Gift of Lights: 6-10 p.m. nightly through Dec. 31, Auglaize County Fairgrounds, 1001 Fairview Drive, Wapakoneta.
• Holiday Street Fair: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. today, Mercy Health-St. Rita’s Medical Center, 730 W. Market St., Lima.
• Jingle and Mingle: 5 to 7 p.m. today, Ohio Theatre, 122 W. North St., Lima.
• Hallelujah Saints Christmas Concert: 7 p.m. Friday, Westside United Methodist Church, 604 Gloria Ave., Lima.
• Annual Cookie Walk: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, St. Stephen Orthodox Church, 3560 Shawnee Road, Lima.
• Christmas at the Homestead: 2 to 6 p.m. Saturday, Schumacher Homestead, 8350 Bixel Road, Bluffton
• Tree of Remembrance Service: 3 p.m. Saturday, Chiles-Laman Funeral & Cremation Services, 1170 Shawnee Road, Lima.