‘The Diary of Anne Frank’
7:30 p.m. today and Saturday, 2:30 p.m. Sunday
Bluffton University Theatre is presenting the play “The Diary of Anne Frank” at 7:30 p.m. today, Friday and Saturday as well as at 2:30 p.m. Sunday in Ramseyer Auditorium in College Hall. The play is based on “Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl” and chronicles the lives of eight people hiding from the Nazis in a concealed attic. Tickets are $8 for adults and $6 for senior citizens, Bluffton faculty and staff and non-Bluffton University students. Tickets can be purchased at http://www.bluffton.edu/theatre.
Open Mic Night
8 to 10 p.m. today
The Stage Door Canteen & Cabaret and resident theatre company “The Avant Garage!” will host an open mic night from 8 to 10 p.m. today at their location in The Ohio Theatre, 122 W. North St., Lima. Singers, poets, magicians, drag artists, rappers, comics, and storytellers are invited to sign up for a five to 10-minute slot by visiting ohiotheatrelima.com. The event will have no cover charge.
Veterans Day observances
Friday throughout the day
Numerous schools, businesses and other entities will be conducting programs to honor the service and sacrifice of the men and women who have served in the military. Check the community calendar at limaohio.com to find a program or observance near you.
6 p.m. Saturday
The Cridersville Historical Society will hold Quarterpalooza at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Cridersville Fire Department, 100 E. Main St., Cridersville. It will feature an auction of unique and interesting items. There will be a $5 entry and tickets for sale. The auction will start at 7 p.m.
‘A Little Night Music’
7 p.m. Saturday
The First United Methodist Church will present “A Little Night Music” from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Saturday at its location in Van Wert at 113 W. Central Ave. It will be a free community concert featuring sights and sounds from stage and screen.
• Free Fish Fry: 5 p.m. Friday, VFW Post #1275, 124 E. Elm St., Lima.
• “Bye Bye Birdie”: 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Lima Senior High School Auditorium, 1 Spartan Way, Lima.
• ONU Star Party: 8 p.m. Friday, ONU Observatory, 525 S. Main St., Ada.
• Dueling Pianos: 6 p.m. Saturday, Grand Plaza Banquet Hall, 913 Defiance St., Wapakoneta.
• Theatre for Young Audiences: 7 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday, Martha W. Farmer Theatre for the Performing Arts, OSU-Lima Campus, 4240 Campus Drive, Lima.
• Siberian Solstice: 7 p.m. Sunday, St. John’s United Methodist Church, Columbus Grove.
• Free Community Meal: 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, St. Mark’s United Methodist Church, 1110 N. Metcalf St., Lima.