Jones Mansion Fundraiser
6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Friday
The 1867 Jones Mansion, located at 313 E. Sandusky St., Findlay, will hold a remembrance PowerPoint and soundtrack featuring local rock bands from the 1960s and 1970s. This event will help to preserve one of the last genuine Victorian Mansions in the region. Food and cocktails will be available for purchase. Original recipe 6-inch Napoli’s Pizza (1956-1969) will be available with a choice of cheese-only or a pepperoni topping. Cocktails include Findlay Brewing Company draft beer and a full bar. Donations are accepted at the door. Seating is limited to 40. RSVP is required. To reserve a spot, call 419-722-7037.
2 to 5 p.m. Sunday
Celebrate going back to school at Back Alley Axe with Shawnee Life Magazine at Westgate Entertainment Center, 721 N. Cable Rd., Lima. Axe throwing age is 12 and up. Kids can also participate in bowling, bumper cars and virtual reality. Participants must wear closed-toed shoes. Tickets are $18 and include axe throwing, unlimited attractions, food, and drinks for ages 7-18. Ages 6 and under are free. Purchase tickets online at westgate.pcsparty.com/store/?pid=452376.
Free Steel Band Concert
6 to 7 p.m. Sunday
Few instruments compare to the unique sound of the steel drum which originated in Trinidad in 1945. The Pantasia Steel Band will play a free concert at the Mennonite Memorial Home, 410 W. Elm St., Bluffton. Pantasia is a popular band, performing an average of 40 concerts a year. Bring a lawn chair for the concert on the lawn and enjoy ice cream provided by the Delphos Creamery.
6 to 7 p.m. Monday and Tuesday
The Wapakoneta Theatre Guild, an amateur theater, will hold two days of open auditions for “Bell, Book and Candle” by John Van Druten at 30 E. Auglaize St., Wapakoneta. Three men and two women are needed to fill roles. The production will be performed Saturday, October 14 through Monday, October 16 and Saturday, October 21 through Monday, October 23.
Greater Allen County Blues Society Open Jam
7 to 10 p.m. Thursday
Join us for the Greater Allen County Blues Society jam sessions every third Thursday of the month until December at Lima Elks Lodge #54, 302 W. North St., Lima.
• Blood Pressure Screenings: 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Friday through Thursday, Mercer County Fairgrounds, 1001 W. Market St., Celina.
• Autism Golf Scramble: starting at 1:30 p.m., Saturday, 26820 state Route 67, Waynesfield.
• Downtown Lima Farmers Market: 1 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, 124 E. Elm St., Lima.
• Curtain Call Summer Concert Series Featuring Rick Robinson: 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Veterans Memorial Civic & Convention Center – Happy Daz Patio, #7 Town Square, Lima.
• Free Gospel Concert Featuring Bobby Bowen Family Band: starting at 10:45 a.m. Sunday, Lima First Missionary Church, 1105 W. Robb Ave., Lima. Donations will be accepted.