Assistance with utility bills may be available through WOCAP

LIMA — Low-income households struggling to afford utilities may be eligible for assistance with their water and wastewater bills through the West Ohio Community Action Partnership and Ohio Department of Development, which will be open through Sept. 30.

Households earning 175% or less of federal poverty guidelines that have received a disconnection notice or had their water or wastewater disconnected are eligible, as are those who meet income guidelines and need to establish new service or pay to transfer service.

Applications are available at West Ohio CAP offices or

To apply, bring:

• A copy of the most recent water/wastewater bills or notice of disconnect

• Income documentation for all adult household members from the last 30 days

• Proof of citizenship for all household members, including birth certificate, social security card or passport

• Proof of disability if applicable