Electrical problem causes house fire on N. Baxter


LIMA — The Lima Fire Department responded to a house fire on North Baxter Street at 7:21 p.m. Friday.

Chief Greg Kirkendall said the fire began on the second floor of a home — the street number was unavailable Friday night — and appeared to be due to an electrical problem. All residents were evacuated, and no injuries were reported.

The American Red Cross is aiding the residents in finding housing. Kirkendall said firefighters were still on the scene as of 8:45 p.m. and a more detailed report would be available later.

Post navigation