Bath Township fire causes heavy damage to barn


BATH TOWNSHIP — The Bath Township Fire Department responded to a 911 report of a barn on fire at 2:17 p.m. Sunday at 1521 Bible Road in Bath Township.

Upon arrival, firefighters found a 36-foot-by-48-foot barn owned by Dustin and Jeanette Clark with heavy smoke and fire rolling from the front overhead door of the structure. Bath Township fire crews were able to make entry and extinguish the fire in about 25 minutes.

Damage from the fire was estimated at $15,000 to the barn and $10,000 to the contents. The owners, who were home at the time, told firefighters the structure was insured.

Fire investigators said they believe the fire started in the area of a four-wheel recreational vehicle. The fire was not suspicious and has been ruled accidental.

Firefighters remained on the scene for about two hours.

Post navigation