LIMA — The annual St. Patrick’s Day parade may be off in 2021 thanks to the pandemic, but that doesn’t mean your weekend doesn’t have a pot of gold at the end of it.
Many area businesses have plans to celebrate Irish heritage this week in preparation for Wednesday’s annual celebration of everything green.
• The Met, 306 N. Main St., Lima, will have a Saturday brunch beginning at 9 a.m., with corn beef hash, Belgian waffles, Bloody Marys and Irish Coffee. Reservations are recommended by calling 4419-999-9463.
• Zinum 12, 134 W. High St., Lima, will open its doors at 9 a.m., with breakfast available until sold out. There’s an $8 cover charge for all day, with Billy Chez Cheese performing from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Jojo McZunk Band from 2 to 6 p.m. and Brother Believe Me from 7 to 11 p.m.
• Lima Elks, 302 W. North St., Lima, will open with kegs and eggs at 9 a.m., with Bloody Marys and Mimosas on special. Mischief will perform from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., followed by Lee Warren from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Happy Jack from 6 to 8 p.m.
• 318 Restaurant & Bar, 318 N. Main St., Lima, will celebrate from 11 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. Saturday. Prudence will perform from noon to 4 p.m., with DJ Phil Austin spinning music from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
• The Axe Cave, 4747 Good Road, Delphos, will be open 6 to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Everyone who makes an axe lane purchase can buy a chance to win the pot for $5, with each bulls-eye earning you a ticket.
• Sycamore Lake Wine Co., 9660 Mayberry Road, Columbus Grove, will have Malibu Bay performing from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday. It will offer its annual green sangria.
• J's Shawnee, 2307 Spencerville Road, Lima, will have “Our St. Patrick’s Day Celebration” with live music from Hambone from 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday, with DJ Tony Daley from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
• Paddy Mac's Irish Pub, 772 W. North St., Lima, opens at 11 a.m. The big top tent will be up in the parking lot.
• Harry's Hideaway, 1452 N. Cable Road, Lima, has “Rage Production presents Lima’s Biggest St. Patrick’s Day Party,” with music, dancing and beer from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
• Pappy's, 1000 W. North St., Lima, offers Full Circle performing from 4 to 8 p.m.
If you want to party on St. Patrick’s Day itself on Wednesday, there are options too:
• 318 Restaurant & Bar, 318 N. Main St., Lima, offers St. Patrick’s Day Karaoke from 7 p.m. onward.