REGION — There’s plenty to celebrate this time of year. Here are a few options for entertainment this week:
• The Kewpee High School Art Invitational opens Saturday and continues through Feb. 27 at ArtSpace/Lima, 65-67 Town Square, Lima. The show features artists from area high schools in ceramics, digital media, drawing, jewelry, mixed media, painting, photography, printmaking and sculpture. Artists from 18 area high school submitted work. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Consider visiting Saturday to pick up a free birdfeeder kit offered as a to-go art bag beginning at noon in a drive-thru style pickup in Cherry Alley.
• The Heritage Trails Park District 2021 Cabin Fever Hike is open for walkers to participate in throughout February. This year, the hikes are self-guided. Hikers should report their miles for Road-to-Fitness points via Facebook Messenger at Heritage Trails Park District. For details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-816-PARK.
• A Galentine’s Sip and Shop will be all day today in downtown Wapakoneta. Shops will remain open until 8 p.m., with DORA beverages and specialty coffee and smoothies available. Also, author Rinda Beach will appear from 6 to 8 p.m. at Riverside Art Center, 3 W. Auglaize St., Wapakoneta.
• Want to check out the Girl Scouts? Girl Scouts of Western Ohio is planning two virtual events, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 13 and Saturday, Feb. 20. Crafts with everyday household items will be made. To register, visit j.mp/370nyho. For details, contact Lynn Bryan at 419-225-3056 or email@example.com.
• Storyteller Sarah Showman will give a talk titled “L-O-V-E: Happy Valentine’s Day” at 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 15 at Facebook.com/AuglaizeCountyHistory. Showman, who is with the Largely Literary Theater Company LLC, will speak the origins of Valentine’s Day and Auglaize County’s connection to the holiday. The event is sponsored by the Auglaize County Historical Society.
• A motorcycle swap meet will be from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at the Allen County Fairgrounds, 2750 Harding Highway, Lima. Admission is $6. The show, which is under new ownership, will be in three buildings. For details on vendor booths, call 260-301-6340 or 419-795-4185.
• A Chocolate Walk will be from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 16, in downtown Bluffton. Nine merchants are participating in the event, during which people receive wrapped chocolate treats. Tickets are $10 in advance. A maximum of 200 tickets will be sold, but it hadn’t sold out as of Thursday. For details, visit ExploreBluffton.com/chocolate-walk.