REGION — People who enjoy live music breathed a sigh of relief this week, as Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine extended the curfew. Bars and restaurants are especially impacted by this. The curfew was 10 p.m. and is now 11 p.m. because virus numbers are improving.
To celebrate small victories, consider taking in some live music — and support the establishments’ kitchens while you’re at it — this weekend:
• Dustin Hites: 7 p.m. today at Zinum 12, 134 W. High St., Lima.
• Paul Rosewood: 7 p.m. today at Whiskey Wine & Roses, 17747 state Route 190, Fort Jennings.
• Hambone: 7 p.m. Saturday at Zinum 12, 134 W. High St., Lima.
• Frank Harnishfeger and Bob Schroeder: dinner reservations begin at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Old City Prime Upper Lounge, 215 S. Main St., Lima. Reservations required.
• Crashed Band: 6:30 p.m. Saturday at Mulligans Bar, 702 W. North St., Lima.
• Prudence: 7 p.m. Saturday at 318 Restaurant and Bar, 318 N. Main St., Lima.
• Violet Vinyl: 7 p.m. Saturday at Whiskey Wine & Roses, 17747 state Route 190, Fort Jennings.
If you’d rather support a community benefit:
• A drive-thru community dinner will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday at Anthony’s Restaurant, 15 Perry St., Wapakoneta. Donations will be accepted for the families of the Wapakoneta High School students involved in a fatal car accident Jan. 16. One girl died, and the other is still hospitalized. The meal includes barbecue chicken, au gratin potatoes and green beans. Drivers should turn onto Perry Street from Auglaize Street to join the line.
If you’re looking for family-friendly activities, here are some ideas:
• The Johnny Appleseed Metropolitan Park District is beginning an outdoor Family Nature Club, open for families with children ages 3 to 12. There will be monthly events, with the first one planned for Saturday. The pandemic-friendly outdoor meetings will include an activity to do during a hike and more. To register, call the park office at 419-221-1232.
• Awakening Minds Art toddler painting class will begin at 3:30 p.m. Thursday at Leipsic Community Center, 120 E. Main St., Leipsic. Children need to have an adult present for the hour-long class. Cost is $15. The class is aimed at preparing a toddler or preschooler for kindergarten. A Valentine’s Day Cookies and Cards Class begins at 6 p.m. Thursday, open to anyone age 10 or older. Cost for this event is $35, with registration due Monday. Register at 419-943-7400 or theleipsiccenter.org.
• Pick-your-project workshops begin at 6:30 p.m. today and Saturday and at 2 p.m. Sunday at Board & Brush, 562 N. Main St., Bluffton. Ages 16 and older. Seats are limited. Pre-registration is required at boardandbrush.com/bluffton.