WAPAKONETA — This year’s Summer Moon Festival has once again taken over Wapakoneta.
Despite having to cancel all live music acts, the car show and antique tractor show, there is still plenty to enjoy, and enjoy safely.
Social distancing will be required at all events and hand sanitization stations have been added throughout each location. Face coverings are recommended for all guests 2 years and older, and all volunteers and vendors will be required to wear them.
• 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. — Armstrong Air and Space Museum open with special outdoor programming including lunar rover demonstrations. Admission is $10 for adults, $9 for seniors, $4 for children, $8 for veterans and free for children under 5 and active military with valid identification.
• 4 to 9 p.m. — Moon Market on Auglaize Street featuring handmade home decor, boutique clothing, artwork and more. Includes Poeppelman Concessions, Buckland Bistro, Derfer’s Ice Cream, Boyer’s Sausage, Philly Steaks and Steakburgers, Wicked Waffles and other vendors.
• 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. — downtown Wapakoneta farmers market in the courthouse parking lot on Willipie Street
•8:30 a.m. — Run to the Moon 10k, 5k and one-mile at Armstrong Air and Space Museum. Virtual and in-person registration available for $20-35 at runsignup.com.
• 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. — Moon Market continues
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. — RC Fun Run
• 12:30 to 8:30 p.m. — Armstrong Air and Space Museum open for admission with special outdoor programming including rocket launching
• 7 a.m. — Virtual sunrise worship service on First on the Moon Facebook page
• 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. — Armstrong Air and Space Museum open for admission and special showing of “Apollo 11: The First Lunar Landing” in STEM Center, outdoor programming including lunar rover demonstrations
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. — YMCA Virtual Bike Tour. Registration $15-35 at wapakymca.org.
• 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. — Armstrong Air and Space Museum open for admission and special showing of “Apollo 11: The First Lunar Landing” in STEM Center, 51st anniversary stamp covers on sale in museum store
Reach Tara Jones at 567-242-0511.