LIMA — The Blue Man Group is on its way to filling up Veterans Memorial Civic Center for the third time.
The group previously sold out the Civic Center in November 2012 and nearly did again in January 2015. As of the beginning of this week, just over 300 tickets remain in Crouse Performance Hall, which seats just over 1,700.
The Speechless Tour features its traditional blue nonverbal cast with its signature drumming but incorporates new original music, custom-made instruments, surprise audience interaction and comedy.
If you are looking for something to fill your weekend prior to Monday’s show, check out one of these events:
• Sojourn Steel Band house concert: 7 p.m. today at ArtSpace/Lima, 65-67 Town Square, Lima. Sojourn Steel is a three-piece band that plays a variety of music including calypso, soca, pop, latin and jazz. Tickets $10 at door or 419-222-1721.
• Johnny Appleseed Metropolitan Park District Maple Syrup Festival: Noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Monday at Teddy Bear Park, 2004 N. Dixie Highway. Follow a guided hike through the Sugar Bush trail to learn the history and process behind making maple syrup. Samples will be available as well as products for purchase.
• WAR Wrestling “Green With Envy”: 7 p.m. Saturday Bradfield Community Center, 550 S. Collett St., Lima. Tickets $10 general admission, $16 VIP at www.warwrestling.com.
• “12 Angry Jurors”: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday, Encore Theatre, 991 North Shore Drive, Lima. Adults $15, seniors $12, students $10, youth $8. amiltellers.org, 419-223-8866 or box office. Check back in next week’s 360.
• “Leaving Iowa”: 8 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday, Van Wert Civic Theatre, 118 S. Race St., Van Wert. Tickets $16 at vwct.org or 419-238-9689.
Reach Tara Jones at 567-242-0511.