LIMA — The Allen County Museum Christmas Tree Festival is in full swing for its 47th year.
The 107-tree display will continue through Sunday with special activities planned throughout the weekend. Friday and Sunday, there will be a reading of “The Polar Express” and access into the decorated MacDonnell House will be free during the festival. There will also be a Lima elementary school art exhibit in the auditorium, woodcarving and rug hooking demonstrations, and Evergreen the talking tree will return to the museum’s lower level.
Additional holiday events are slated across Lima and in nearby towns:
• ONU 25th annual Holiday Spectacular: 7:30 p.m. today, 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, and 2 p.m. Sunday, Veterans Memorial Civic Center, 7 Town Square, Lima. Tickets are $5 for general admission at all Kewpee Hamburgers locations and at the Freed Center for the Performing Arts.
• “A Christmas Carol: The Musical”: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday, Encore Theatre, 991 North Shore Drive, Lima. Adults $17, kids $10 at amiltellers.org, 419-223-8866 or box office.
• Friends of the Library Christmas Tree Festival opening: 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Ottawa library, 136 Putnam Parkway, Ottawa. Rainbow Dulcimers, pictures with Santa. Festival through Jan. 2.
• “Twas the Night Before Christmas”: 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Niswonger Performing Arts Center, 10700 state Route 118 S, Van Wert. Tickets $20-45 at npacvw.org, 419-238-6722 or box office.
• Celtic Angels Christmas: 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Crouse Performance Hall, Veterans Memorial Civic Center, 7 Town Square. Tickets $29-49 at limaciviccenter.com, 419-224-1552 or box office.
For a full listing of holiday-themed events around the area, visit www.limaohio.com/calendar.
Reach Tara Jones at 567-242-0511.