LIMA — Happy spooky season! It’s that time of year once again to carve pumpkins, wear your favorite costume or get your heart racing. Here’s a list of area events, both scary and family-friendly, you’ll want to be sure not to miss.
• Ride-A-Thon Pumpkin Festival: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today, Equestrian Therapy Center at Fassett Farm, 22532 Bowsher Road, Cridersville. Free admission. Live auction, pumpkin painting, scarecrow building contest, food.
• Shawnee Manor Fall Festival: noon to 5 p.m. today, Shawnee Manor, 2535 Fort Amanda Road, Lima. Free admission. Food, live music, petting zoo, face painting, inflatables, rock wall.
• Lima Mall Boo ‘n Brew: 2 to 6 p.m. today, 2400 Elida Road, Lima. Free admission. Paint class, costume contests, live music by Guitar Geoff, food and beverages.
• 696 Custom Trick or Treat Cruise-In Car Show: 2 to 6 p.m. today, Main Street, Cairo. Free admission. Hand out candy, costumes optional. Hayrides, DJs, prizes.
• YMCA Fall festival and costume glow run: 6:30 p.m. today, Allen County Farm Park, Lima. Members $16, non-members $20 at limaymca.net.
• Midwest Shooting Center Family Fall Fest: 4 to 8 p.m. Oct. 19, Midwest Shooting Center, 501 S. Dixie Highway, Lima. Costume contests, inflatables, games, trunk-or-treat.
• Howl-O-Ween Hound Hike: 2 to 4 p.m. Oct. 20, Ottawa Metro Park, 2632 Ada Road, Lima. Free admission. Bob for tennis balls, obstacle course, hike. Dogs must be leashed. Costumes welcome.
• Boo! On the Moon: 5 to 8 p.m. Oct. 22, Armstrong Air and Space Museum, 500 Apollo Drive, Wapakoneta. Costumes, trick-or-treat through exhibits, Terrifying Tech Lab, activities.
• Halloween parade and costume contest: 6:30 p.m. Oct. 24, Auglaize County Fairgrounds, Wapakoneta.
• Lima Mall Candy Crawl: 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 24, 2400 Elida Road, Lima. Free admission. Ages 12 and under. Pets, weapons, adult masks prohibited.
• Costume party: 10 p.m. to midnight Oct. 25, The 318 Restaurant and Bar, 318 N. Main St., Lima. Free admission. With DJ Phil Austin.
• Halloween ComicFest: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 26, Alter Ego Comics, 230 N. Main St., Lima. Free admission. Free comic books available. Costumes welcomed.
• Midwest Shooting Center Zombie Survival Challenge: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Oct. 26, Midwest Shooting Center, 501 S. Dixie Highway, Lima. Cost $50 per person. Have flashlight and airsoft gun handy, or use those provided.
• Halloween 2019 at Ohio Theatre: 8 p.m. to midnight Oct. 26, 122 W. North St., Lima. Cover charge $10. With Nashville Crush and Brother Believe Me. Ages 18 and older. Costume contest, food and drink specials.
• Lima Kiwanis Howl’oween Trick or Trot: 2 p.m. Oct. 27, Heritage Park, 2093 Reed Road, Lima. Admission $30 5K, $20 1 mile. Refreshments at finish line.
• Halloween party: 5 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 31, Lima Public Library, 650 W. Market St., Lima. Free admission. Games, costumes, crafts, prizes.
• Hammer Brothers Haunted Circus: 8 p.m. to midnight through Oct. 26, Furry Trail Farm, 19407 state Route 117, Waynesfield. Tickets $12 for cornfield, $18 for paintball trail, $35 The Hunt at hammerbrothershauntedcircus.com.
• The Haunted Town Hall: 7:30 p.m. to midnight through Oct. 26, 103 S. High St., Lafayette. Tickets $13 child hall and escape room, $15-25 adult hall and escape room at hauntedtownhall.com.
• The Curse of Bryerstone film and interactive haunt: dinner 5 p.m., movie 6 p.m., theatrical haunt at dark through Oct. 26, Haunted Ghost Town, 10630 county Road 40, Findlay. Adults $25, students $20, age 12 and under $15. Kids junior haunt noon to 4 p.m., admission $6 age 5 and up.
• Putnam County’s Haunted Cornfield: 7:30 to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday to Oct. 26, 13360 Road 12, Ottawa. Admission $13. Haunted cornfield, barn and trailer of terror.
• Suter’s Corn Maze and Hay Rides: 1 to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday through Nov. 3, Suter’s, 4678 Road R, Pandora. Adults $6, students $4.50, pre-k free. Pick pumpkins, family-friendly mazes, fall foods.
Not seeing your event? Send full information to email@example.com.
Reach Tara Jones at 567-242-0511.