KALIDA — This week’s festivities are well underway, but there is still plenty of time to visit downtown Kalida’s Pioneer Days for a step back in time.
Events ramp up tonight with the 4-miler at 6:30 p.m. beginning at Kalida High School with the afterparty set to begin at 7:30 p.m. During that time, the Wine and Bourbon Pour will be at Pioneer Park Pavilion with live music by Polly Mae. The Sushi Roll Band will end the night from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Saturday’s lineup will include the volleyball invitational at 9 a.m. at the high school and St. Michael gymnasiums while the antique tractor and truck show, craft show and car show will all be going on from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The parade is set for 1:30 p.m. Sunday.
Rides by Durant Amusements will be open from 6 to 10 p.m. today, noon to 11 p.m. Saturday and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday. A full schedule is available pioneerdays.com.
• Hardin County Fair: continues today through Sunday, Hardin County Fairgrounds, Kenton.
Rides noon to 11 p.m. daily; Truck and tractor pull 7 p.m. today; Tyler Rich with Matt Stell 7 p.m. Saturday; Demolition derby 6 p.m. Sunday. Admission $8. Full schedule hardincountyfair.org.
If you’re looking to stay active, you can walk and dance the day away at one of the following events as well:
• Ohio ASSURE Suicide Awareness Community Walk: 9 a.m. Saturday, Mercer County Fairgrounds, 1001 W. Market St., Celina. Registration 8 a.m. Funds raised to research, education, advocacy, prevention initiatives and programs to support those impacted in the area.
• Northwest Ohio Walk to End Alzheimer’s: 10:15 a.m. Saturday, Cook Hall, OSU-Lima, 4240 Campus Drive, Lima. Registration 9 a.m., Promise Garden Ceremony at 10 a.m.
• West Central Ohio Sickle Cell Coalition sickle cell awareness event: 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Bradfield Community Center, 550 S. Collett St., Lima. Register at Bradfield or firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration 10:30 a.m. Awareness and support of families affected by Sickle Cell disease.
• Denim, Diamond and Pearls dinner and dance fundraiser: 7 to 11 p.m. Saturday, Howard Johnson, 1920 Roschman Ave., Lima. Tickets $30 at Eventbrite. For Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Includes a mechanical bull, prizes, cash bar and western attire.
Reach Tara Jones at 567-242-0511.