WAPAKONETA — Wapakoneta’s 10 days of celebration will be highlighted by the Summer Moon Festival taking over downtown July 17 through 21.
The festival will include a variety of main-stage entertainment, as well as events for all kinds of competitors. Food vendors, a beer garden and wine bar and games for all ages will be available throughout the entire duration of the festival.
• Main stage entertainment: One Small Step 5 p.m., T102 Country Star Playoffs 7-10 p.m., Beer Stein Holding Contest 8:30 and 10:30 p.m., downtown.
• 5:30 to 8 p.m. XPogo Stunt Show, Perry Street.
• Main stage entertainment: Beer Barrel Boys 4 p.m., Beer Stein Holding Contest 6:30, 8:30, 9:30 and 10:30 p.m., Nashville Crush 7 p.m.
• 7 p.m. Bed races, Perry Street.
Friday, July 19
• Main stage entertainment: Will Freed Band 2:30 p.m., New Outlook 4 p.m., The Staples 5 p.m., Will Freed Band 7 p.m. Beer Stein Holding Contest 8:30 and 10:30 p.m., Tobi Lee and Mustang Sally 9 p.m., downtown.
• Cornhole tournament 6 p.m.
• World’s largest MoonPie 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, July 20
• 8 a.m. Fishing derby, Heritage Park.
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. RC Fest, Perry Street.
• Main stage entertainment: Lauren Schroeder 11:30 a.m., Chase Cummings 1 p.m., Fleetwood 2 the Max 3 p.m., Haywired 5 p.m., Beer Stein Holding Contest 6:30 and 8:30 p.m., Another Round 9 p.m.
• 12:30 p.m. Paddle Battle, Heritage Park.
• 3 to 9 p.m. Buckeye Antique Tractor Show, downtown.
• 6:30 p.m. Wiener Dog Races, Perry Street.
• 7:30 p.m. Big Wheel Races, Perry Street.
• 10:56 p.m. Neil Armstrong’s First Step on the Moon Celebration. Countdown 10 to 11 p.m.
Downtown is joining the Armstrong Air and Space Museum, Auglaize County Fairgrounds, Wapakoneta Performing Arts Center, YMCA and Wapakoneta Parks to celebrate the moon landing. For a full list of events, visit www.summermoonfestival.com or see Sunday’s edition of The Lima News.