LIMA — The Allen County Museum is holding a “Living History Day” event from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, July 14, at the museum, 620 W. Market St. Lima.
Included in the day’s activities will be:
• Open hearth cooking in the log house
• Re-enactors representing soldiers from the 18th and 19th century
• Bear Claw Jeb and his Native American artifacts
• Craft demonstrations: spinning • weaving • rug hooking and braiding • quilting knitting • tatting • woodcarving
• Master Gardeners: Use of Herbs in Pioneer America
• Children’s Activities
• Free admission and open house in the Victorian mansion next door - the MacDonell House
• Keep an eye out for President George Washington
Mrs. Barbara Brugler will present a program at 2 p.m. about First Lady Mary Todd Lincoln and her family.