LIMA — A banquet to celebrate the newest inductees into the Lima City Schools Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame will be held at 6 p.m. Oct. 5 in the commons area of Lima Senior High School.
The evening will begin with a reception at 6 p.m., followed by the dinner and program at 6:30 p.m., with the student-operated Spartan Inn to provide the meal.
Tickets are available for $25 and can be purchased between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday to Friday at the Arts and Magnet Office at the Earl McGovern Education Center, 755 St. John’s Ave., as well as by calling 419-996-3435.
The newest Hall of Fame inductees are:
• Jon David Armantrout, Class of 1958
• Jill P. Courtney, Class of 1958
• Laura Preble, Class of 1980
• Judge Jeffrey L. Reed, Class of 1976
• Capt. Madinah Slaise, Class of 1996
• Chief Craig A. Stone, Class of 1978
• Lt. Courtney D. Tate, Class of 1997
• Larry R. Webb, Class of 1973
A new addition this year will be a “Service to Lima City Schools” honorary membership, which will be awarded to Sandy and Martie MacDonell.