Fan malfunction causes morning fire


First Posted: 9/19/2011

AMERICAN TOWNSHIP A ceiling fan electrical malfunction caused a house fire early this morning, American Township Fire Department Chief Tom Hadding said. Fire crews were called to 1107 W. Bluelick Road at 4:50 a.m. The fire started in an upstairs bedroom ceiling fan and spread upward into the attic, Hadding said. The fire caused $10,000 in damage to the house and $15,000 to its contents. The home is worth $38,300, according to the Allen County auditor's website.The owner of the house is James Hadding. His daughter was sleeping in the bedroom and smelled smoke when she awoke to use the bathroom. No one was injured. The Bath Township Fire Department assisted at the scene.

Post navigation