Stove fire damages Lima apartment


First Posted: 1/5/2015

LIMA — A fire broke out in the apartment complex located at 1288 Pebble Creek Drive on Sunday.

At about 2:30 p.m., Chelsy M. Simpson, 22, was cooking in her second-floor apartment when flames burst out on her stove top, according to Capt. Jeff Thompson, with the Lima Fire Department.

Thompson said Simpson placed a pan on the stove, turned the stove on and walked away for a “short time.” When she returned, the stove was on fire.

Thompson said the flames were quickly contained once the department was on scene. Units were there for a little more than an hour, he said. There was no water damage reported on the first floor, he said.

There was about $17,000 worth of damage in the apartment, Thompson said. There were no other reports of damage to neighboring apartments, he said.

There were no reported injuries. Simpson was listed as the only occupant of the apartment.

More Stories


Post navigation