Lima attic fire causes $5,000 in damage

First Posted: 3/13/2014

LIMA — Old wiring in an attic is being blamed for a fire late Wednesday.

No one was injured in the fire at 441 W. Marian Ave. that was reported at 10:35 p.m. The occupant, Katrina McDonald, noticed smoke and flames around the ceiling of her second-floor bathroom, said Lima Fire Department Battalion Chief Ed Hower.

The home did not have a working smoke detector, Hower said.

The fire caused an estimated $5,000 in damage. The home is owned by Thomas Moss II, Hower said. The home has a market value of $43,700, according to the Allen County Auditor’s Office website.

Post navigation