Marijuana plants removed after house fire


First Posted: 3/10/2015

PERRY TOWNSHIP — Sixteen marijuana plants were removed from a home that had caught fire in Perry Township Friday, Allen County Sheriff Sam Crish said.

At 5:32 a.m. Friday, at 1520 E. Hume Road, a fire started in the attic of the home, causing its three occupants to vacate it, the Perry Township Fire Department said in a previous interview.

After the fire was reported, Crish said his office was contacted to conduct interviews with Christopher Johnson and Michelle Parish. The two were renting the home, Fire Department officals said. A child was also home at the time of the fire but was uninjured.

The fire was suspected to be caused by an electrical issue, Fire Department officials said.

Crish said the incident was under investigation and his office will contact with the prosecutor’s office where charges will be filed.

Post navigation