I read this on Facebook, and I thought I would share. I’m also sending a copy to my representatives:
How to end the deficit in 5 minutes
Congress Reform Act of 2012
1. No tenure/no pension.
2. A congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
3. Congress (past, present, and future) participates in Social Security.
4. All funds in the Congressional Retirement Fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
5. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
6. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
7. Congress looses their current health system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
8. Congress must equally abide by all laws the impose on the American people.
9. All contracts with past and present congressmen/women are void effective 12/1/12. The American people did not make contracts with congressmen/women.
I would add one more note.
10. Limit the term a Congressman/woman can serve to three terms, and they may not return as a lobbyist.
Robert Kinninger, Wapakoneta
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU