Concerns about Jim Jordan
I understand Jim Jordan is an active Christian in his church in Urbana. As our representative and a co-founder of the Freedom Caucus, I present these concerns:
• Jordan supports drastic cuts in money for the Great Lakes Restoration. Two years ago Toledo could not drink Lake Erie water due to toxic algae.
• Jordan strongly supports repeal of the Affordable Care Act and replacing it with TrumpCare. The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office reports millions of Americans will not be able to afford health insurance.
• Jordan has not spoken out about the systematic efforts to restrict voter eligibility and voting rights.
• Jordan has been supportive of Trump’s ban on immigrants and expulsion of 11 million people.
• Jordan is supporting Trump’s wall between Mexico and America. He has not released what the wall would cost.
How do Jordan’s views fit with the Bible?
“When you give a banquet invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed.” Luke 14:14
“Dear Children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and truth.” 1 John 3:17.
“…the Lord Almighty said Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow, the fatherless, the foreigner or the poor. Do not plot evil against each other.” Zechariah 7:8-10.
“The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in the path of righteousness for His name’s sake.” Psalm 23: 1-4.
I welcome and would be surprised to receive Jim Jordan’s response to these concerns.
Donald L. Spencer
2½ hour of enjoyment
My granddaughter, Elena Strzyzykowski, attends Elida High School and was recently in Mr. Sharp’s play, “Hairspray.”
I drove from Michigan to see her perform in her first play. I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the performance, all of the wonderful talent, and obvious hard work that went into this. I felt like I was at a professional Las Vegas performance.
It was very well done, in good taste, and to be honest with you, if there were talent scouts in the audience they came upon a gold mine with this play.
I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed myself more, watching this. It was the fastest, most enjoyable 2½ hours I think I have ever spent (that I can remember).
All the people involved in putting this together should be commended for their hard work and talent.
I see these kids going far in their future of performing. For that 2½ hours, I thank you for sharing that talent with me and countless others in the audience.
Wishing you all well and, once again, bravo!