Last updated: December 02. 2013 7:13PM - 1346 Views
GREG SOWINSKI419-993-2090 gsowinski@limanews.com



Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

LIMA — A sleeping homeowner was lucky to be alive Monday after he woke to smoke in his home and escaped.


Juan O. Young did not have a working smoke detector inside his home at 526 S. West St. but somehow woke from his sleep. He jumped out a second-floor window and somehow escaped injury again, Battalion Chief Ed Hower said.


The fire was called in at 12:26 a.m. It started in a first-floor laundry room and the cause was believed to be electrical in nature. There was an estimated $13,500 in damage, Hower said.

Comments
comments powered by Disqus


Featured Businesses


Poll



Mortgage Minute