Last updated: December 02. 2013 7:11PM - 868 Views
GREG SOWINSKI419-993-2090 gsowinski@limanews.com

Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

LIMA — No one was injured early Monday in a house fire that was being blamed on an electrical problem.

Margie Foster escaped the burning house without injury from her residence at 629 S. Harrison Ave. The fire was called in at 5:49 a.m. When firefighters arrived they found smoke coming from a second-floor window, Battalion Chief Ed Hower said.

The fire began in a wall where it appeared a short in the old knob-and-tube wiring ignited materials in the wall, Hower said.

The fire caused an estimated $15,000 in damage. The home is owned by Duane Reynolds II and is a rental property, Hower said.

All user comments are subject to our Terms of Service. Users may flag inappropriate comments.
comments powered by Disqus

Featured Businesses


Info Minute

Gas Prices

Lima Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com