LIMA — Residents wishing to refresh their basic reading, math, writing and computer skills will be able to do so with the Adult Basic and Literacy Education program that now serves five counties, including Allen, Mercer and Van Wert.
The classes, offered by Apollo and Vantage Career Centers are free. For details on this program or GEDs, call Apollo at 419-998-2993 or go to www.apollocareercenter.com or www.vantagecareercenter.com.
Dates and times for September orientations:
• 9 a.m. to noon Sept. 8 at Allen County Ohio Means Jobs
• 1 to 4 p.m. Sept. 8 at the Delphos Library
• 9 a.m. to noon Sept. 9 at Forest Park United Methodist Church
• 6 to 9 p.m. Sept. 9 at Apollo’s main campus
• Noon to 3 p.m. Sept. 9 at Paulding County office of Ohio Means Jobs
• 5 to 8 p.m. Sept. 9 at St. Marys United Church of Christ
• 9 a.m. to noon or 6 to 9 p.m. Sept. 9 at Vantage Career Center
Apollo also offers free English for Speakers of Other Languages classes. Orientations for those will be heldfrom 9 a.m. to noon Sept. 8 at Forest Park United Methodist Church and 6 to 9 p.m. Sept. 10 at Apollo’s main campus.