Area road construction and maintenance projects for the week of Nov. 11:
Interstate 75 Reconstruction Project
For the most recent information concerning the Interstate 75 reconstruction project through Lima and Allen County, and the safety upgrade of Ohio 117/309 on Lima’s east side please visit: www.odotlima75.org
Interstate 75 between Fourth Street and Ohio 81 in Lima will have occasional nighttime lane restrictions during reconstruction of the existing lanes of pavement, replacement of mainline bridges and reconstruction of the interchanges. Work began in March 2013 and will continue through fall of 2015. Traffic is maintained two lanes in each direction the majority of the time. Lane restrictions generally occur from 7 p.m. until 10 a.m. the following morning. The following is project information for the coming week:
-Construction of the noise walls along Interstate 75 between Ohio 117/309 and Reservoir Road will begin during the week.
-Traffic in both the northbound and southbound directions is now traveling on the new concrete pavement from just south of Fourth Street to a point prior to the Ohio 117/309 interchange where traffic is then transitioned back to the existing pavement.
- By the end of Nov. traffic on Interstate 75 will be traveling on new concrete pavement from just south of Fourth Street to Reservoir Road and then be transitioned back to the existing pavement.
- Paving of asphalt in the median area between Ohio 81 and Stewart Road will take place during the week. During paving operations, traffic on Interstate 75 could be affected at times. Motorists are cautioned to watch for concrete trucks entering and exiting the highway as the operation continues.
- Occasional nighttime lane closures will continue on Interstate 75 throughout the zone from Fourth Street to Ohio 81 generally from 7 p.m. until approximately 10 a.m. the following day. Normal traffic patterns of two lanes in each direction will resume during daytime hours.
- Motorists should be aware that all entrance and exit ramp merge areas have been shortened throughout the project area. Drivers on Interstate 75 are encouraged to use the passing lane through the zone if they do not wish to exit. Signs advising this have been placed throughout the project area.
Ohio 117/309 interchange
- The southbound entrance and exit ramps to and from Interstate 75 closed October 7 and will remain closed until late November. The closure allows for the construction of the new ramps at the interchange and facilitates construction of the Ohio 117/309 roadway itself. Traffic wishing to access Interstate 75 northbound or southbound is directed to Ohio 117 east to Greely Chapel Road to Fourth Street. Interstate 75 southbound traffic wishing to access Ohio 117/309 is directed to Fourth Street to Interstate 75 northbound back to Ohio 117/309.
- The entrance ramp from Ohio 117/309 to Interstate 75 northbound remains closed as well.
- The exit ramp from Interstate 75 northbound to Ohio 117/309 remains open.
- Traffic on Ohio 117/309 remains one lane in each direction from the interchange to Willard Avenue (Speedway). This traffic pattern will remain through mid December.
-Paving of concrete pavement is occurring in the area of the interchange. Motorists are cautioned to watch for trucks entering and exiting the work zone.
Ohio 117/309 travel lanes, two in each direction, are now open from Ohio 117 to the Allen County fairgrounds. Work will continue on seeding and traffic signals which will restrict traffic but only for short periods of time. It is expected that by mid-Nov. all orange traffic barrels will be removed from the roadway.
Ohio 81 from just west of Stewart Road to just west of Neubrecht Road east of Lima is one lane in each direction in the existing eastbound lanes for pavement reconstruction. The following are the current traffic impacts:
- Beginning Monday, Nov. 11, the Ohio 81 northbound entrance and exit ramps to and from Interstate 75 will close to allow for paving of the new concrete pavement on Ohio 81. The closure is expected to be in place for at least seven days. Traffic on Ohio 81 wishing to access I-75 northbound will be directed to I-75 southbound to the Fourth Street interchange to I-75 northbound. Northbound I-75 traffic wishing to access Ohio 81 will be directed to the Bluelick Road interchange, to I-75 southbound back to Ohio 81.
-In late Nov. the Interstate 75 southbound exit ramp to Ohio 81 will close for approximately seven days, also for concrete paving. This closure will not occur until the interchange at Ohio 117/309 reopens which is expected in late November.
-Traffic on Ohio 81 from just west of Stewart Road to just west of Neubrecht Road is maintained one lane in each direction in the existing eastbound lanes during reconstruction and realignment of the existing roadway.
-Work on paving the new concrete pavement continues. It is anticipated that traffic will be traveling on the new roadway by the end of the year.
-Traffic on Neubrecht Road approaching Ohio 81 has been switched onto the new pavement on the west side of the roadway. No change in traffic pattern has resulted.
Interstate 75 southbound approximately two miles north of Beaverdam will be restricted to one lane through the work zone on Wednesday of the week for repair of median cable barrier. The restriction will be in place from approximately 8:30 a.m. to noon. Work is being performed by the ODOT District 1 guardrail department.
Ohio 309 at the eastbound U.S. 30 entrance ramp near Delphos will have occasional lane restrictions through the work zone during drainage work. The majority of the work will take place along the roadside. Work is being performed by Platinum Painting Services, Boardman, Ohio.
There are no projects scheduled during the week which will significantly affect traffic.
U.S. 68 northbound between Township Road 80 and Township Road 90 will be one lane through the work zone for pavement grinding. Work is being performed by the Hardin County ODOT maintenance garage.
Ohio 701 between County Road 115 and Township Road 125 will be reduced to one lane through the work zone for pavement grinding. Work is being performed by the Hardin County ODOT maintenance garage.
Ohio 701 just east of County Road 75 will be closed for three days beginning Nov. 13 for replacement of drainage tile. Traffic detoured onto Ohio 309, U.S. 68 back to Ohio 701. Work is being performed by the Hardin County ODOT maintenance garage (see link to map.)
The following locations will be reduced to one lane through the work zone for sealing of pavement repair areas. Work is being performed by the Putnam County ODOT maintenance garage:
-U.S. 224 between the Van Wert County line and the village of Kalida
-Ohio 190 between Fort Jennings and U.S. 224
-Ohio 634 between Ohio 190 and U.S. 224
-Ohio 115 between Ohio 12 and the village of Kalida
Ohio 694 at Township Road 21 drainage work is temporarily suspended. Work is expected to resume within the next few weeks. The majority of the work is taking place along the roadside. Work is being performed by Platinum Painting Services, Boardman, Ohio.
U.S. 224 from Ohio 65 to the corporation limit of Kalida restricted to one lane through the work zone for resurfacing, berm work and pavement markings. Minor finish work remains to be completed. Work is being performed by Bluffton Paving, Bluffton.
Ohio 108 placement of raised pavement markers south of Miller City is complete.
Ohio 694 placement of raised pavement markers from the west Glandorf corporation limit to the south Glandorf corporation limit is complete.
Van Wert County
Ohio 127 between U.S. 224 and the Paulding County line will be reduced to one lane at times for the installation of survey monuments. Traffic will be maintained with flaggers. Work is being performed by the Shelly Company, Findlay.
Ohio 116 between Ohio 81 and Township Road 18 south of Converse will be closed for five days beginning Nov. 13 for replacement of two culverts. Traffic detoured onto Ohio 81, Ohio 66 and Ohio 117 back to Ohio 116. Work is being performed by the Van Wert County ODOT maintenance garage (see link to map.)