Thursday, April 17, 2014





Firefighters respond to building fire in Bath


August 25. 2013 3:23AM
Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


BATH TOWNSHIP — Bath Township Fire Department responded to a report of a fire at J’s Warehouse at 12:36 p.m. Saturday at 200 E. Chapman Road.



The building sustained some scorching and minor heat damage, however there was no dollar loss assigned to this fire, Fire Chief Joe Kitchen said.



No employees or Fire Department personnel were injured and units were on scene about an hour.



Upon arrival, firefighters observed heavy smoke and flames coming from the rear of a metal outbuilding. The fire was not in the main building or warehouse complex. Employees were conducting maintenance and had attempted to dispose of items by burning them in piles near the building. The fire then spread and quickly got out of control according to Jon Kriegel, president of J’s American Pub & Mastercraft Development.



“Open burning is dangerous and in most cases, illegal,” Kitchen said. “Having refuse and debris hauled away is always the best option.”





Comments
comments powered by Disqus
Poll


Social Media/RSS
LimaOhio.com on Facebook
LimaOhio.com on Twitter
LimaOhio.com on Youtube
LimaOhio.com RSS Feeds





Civitas Media
COPYRIGHT 2013 CIVITAS MEDIA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.