Last updated: August 25. 2013 3:04AM - 339 Views

Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

LIMA — An overloaded electrical outlet sparked a house fire on South Union Street on Sunday afternoon that killed two dogs.

Lima Fire Department was dispatched just after 5 p.m. to extinguish the flames at 809 S. Union Street. Battalion Chief Greg Kirkendall said the fire was confined to the living room, but there was heavy smoke damage throughout the home.

Residents were not home at the time. Fire officials estimate total damages around $7,500.

All user comments are subject to our Terms of Service. Users may flag inappropriate comments.
comments powered by Disqus

Featured Businesses


Info Minute

Gas Prices

Lima Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com