Thursday, July 24, 2014





Accused teen robber scheduled for March trial


August 24. 2013 8:51PM
Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


LIMA A teenager charged in the robbery of three people one evening last year waived his right to a speedy trial Wednesday, allowing his attorneys more time to prepare for trial.



Terrence Andrews Jr., now 17, is charged with three counts of robbery, all second-degree felonies that carry a maximum penalty of eight years in prison on each charge.



A trial date of March 4 was assigned, and a final pretrial was scheduled for Feb. 13.



Andrews was 16 at the time of the alleged crimes. Two other teens were charged but they are not being tried as adults, said Chris Steffan, an assistant Allen County prosecutor.



Steffan declined to elaborate on the role of each of the three defendants and why Andrews was the only teen to be tried as an adult.



The alleged robberies occurred April 3 involving three different incidents and three different victims. The first was at the intersection of Metcalf and Market streets at 11:30 p.m., Steffan said.



Minutes after that robbery, the three robbed another person nearby. They continued walking away from the area and robbed another person near Metcalf Street and Faurot Avenue., Steffan said.



The teens did not use a weapon in the robberies, Steffan said.





Comments
comments powered by Disqus
Poll


Social Media/RSS
LimaOhio.com on Facebook
LimaOhio.com on Twitter
LimaOhio.com on Youtube
LimaOhio.com on Google+
LimaOhio.com on Pinterest
LimaOhio.com RSS Feeds





Civitas Media
COPYRIGHT 2013 CIVITAS MEDIA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.