Monday, July 14, 2014





Iron fire causes $22,000 damage in Lima


August 24. 2013 8:16PM
Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


An unattended iron caught clothing on fire, igniting a mattress and causing $22,000 damage to a Lima home on Monday afternoon. No one was injured in the blaze.



Lima Fire Department Assistant Chief Ed Hower said firefighters responded to 606 E. Michael St., Lima, at 1:49 p.m. for a second-alarm fire. When they arrived, the saw fire on the east side of the two-story home, coming out of a first-story bedroom window but climbing the home.



Firefighters limited most of the damage to the first-floor bedroom, although the home sustained smoke damage.



No one was home at the time of the blaze, but the home's occupant arrived after firefighters did. The fire department discovered someone left an iron on inside the bedroom, causing an estimated $15,000 damage to the property and $7,000 loss in contents. The home, valued at $22,400, was owned by Greg and Jackie Boatman, according to the Allen County Auditor's Office website.



Firefighters were on the scene for nearly an hour and a half.





Comments
comments powered by Disqus
Poll


Social Media/RSS
LimaOhio.com on Facebook
LimaOhio.com on Twitter
LimaOhio.com on Youtube
LimaOhio.com on Google+
LimaOhio.com on Pinterest
LimaOhio.com RSS Feeds





Civitas Media
COPYRIGHT 2013 CIVITAS MEDIA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.