- All entrance and exit ramps at the Fourth Street interchange with Interstate 75 are now closed as of Monday, July 15. The southbound entrance and exit ramps closed Monday, July 15 for 60 days for reconstruction. The northbound entrance and exit ramps closed July 8 until mid August for reconstruction. Traffic is detoured to the Ohio 65 interchange then north on Ohio 65 (St. Johns Road) to Fourth Street. Electronic message boards have been placed on Interstate 75 advising motorists to use Ohio 65.
- Occasional nighttime lane closures will continue on Interstate 75 throughout the zone from Fourth Street to Ohio 81 generally from 7 p.m. until approximately 10 a.m. the following day. Normal traffic patterns of two lanes in each direction will resume during daytime hours.
- Motorists should be aware that all entrance and exit ramp merge areas have been shortened throughout the project area. Drivers on Interstate 75 are encouraged to use the passing lane through the zone if they do not wish to exit. Signs advising this have been placed throughout the project area.
- Traffic cameras to view the construction area may be accessed at www.odotlima75.com, or at www.Ohgo.com.
- Please drive slowly through the construction zone.
- Devonshire Drive at its intersection with Ohio 117/309 will be closed Thursday, July 18 from 7-11 p.m. to allow for asphalt paving.
- Eastern Avenue (between Pat’s Donuts and Kreme and Wise Hearing Solutions) will also be closed on Thursday for asphalt paving. The road is expected to close at approximately 1:30 p.m. and will reopen early evening.
- Placement of concrete approaches to residential driveways east of Lost Creek Boulevard is expected to occur tomorrow.
- Placement of concrete curb along the north side of Ohio 117/309 is expected to be completed by the end of this week.
- Grinding of existing asphalt surfaces followed by placement of the intermediate course of asphalt is expected to occur next week through the length of the project on the north side of the roadway.
- Saratoga Avenue at its intersection with Ohio 117/309 at Hunan Gardens closed July 13 for 14 days for placement of concrete pavement. Access to the business from Ohio 117/309 is maintained.
- Work on the south side of the Ohio 117/309 project area is expected to begin in late July. At that time, traffic will be switched from the south side to the north side of the roadway.
- Traffic on Ohio 117/309 from the area of the Interstate 75 interchange to Bowman Road at the Allen County Fairgrounds maintained one lane in each direction in the eastbound lanes. A two-way, left-turn lane begins at Saratoga Avenue. Traffic will remain in this pattern until mid to late summer to allow for work at the interchange with Interstate 75 and on the north side of Ohio 117/309.
- All traffic on Ohio 81 from just west of Stewart Road to just west of Neubrecht Road is maintained one lane in each direction in the existing eastbound lanes.
- The ramp from northbound Interstate 75 to eastbound Ohio 81 (exit 127 A) is closed; however, access to eastbound Ohio 81 is maintained by using the existing loop ramp on the northeast side of the interchange. A temporary signal is controlling ramp traffic.
- The change in traffic pattern on Ohio 81 will remain in place throughout the summer.
About the I-75 Project Phases:
Project 2 will reconstruct the existing lanes of Interstate 75 from Fourth Street to just north of Ohio 81 in Lima. This phase also includes the reconstruction of the Fourth Street, Ohio 81 and Ohio 117/309 interchanges; a safety upgrade to Ohio 309 east of the Interstate 75 interchange; and the reconstruction and realignment of Ohio 81 from Neubrecht to Stewart Road. This phase is expected to be completed in 2015.
Project 1 of the Interstate 75 reconstruction project, which is the replacement of the Fourth Street and Reservoir Road bridges over Interstate 75 in Lima, was completed in the spring. Both structures were opened to traffic last fall. Project 3, from the Auglaize County line to Fourth Street, will begin in 2014. This phase also includes the reconstruction of the Breese Road and Ohio 65 interchanges as well as the replacement of the Hanthorn and McClain Road bridges over Interstate 75. The overall project is scheduled to be completed in 2016.