Saturday, April 19, 2014





Mendon man indicted on sex charges


August 24. 2013 1:23PM
Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


WAPAKONETA — A Mendon man is facing the possibility of spending the rest of his life behind bars if convicted of a dozen sex charges involving a girl.



An Auglaize County grand jury in July indicted William L. Huber, 33, on four counts of rape, two counts of sexual battery, two counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor, and four counts of gross sexual imposition. The indictment was unsealed last week after Huber was arrested and brought before a judge who set bail at $500,000.



“This is a situation where the victim was familiar with the suspect,” said Chief Russ Hunlock, of the Wapakoneta Police Department.



According to Hunlock and court records, the abuse began when the girl was 10 years old and lasted for a period of three years. According to the indictment, the abuse began as early as 2003 and lasted until 2005.



Two of the rape counts carry a potential sentence of life in prison if Huber is convicted.



“The allegations were learned through a counselor of the victim at the” Upper Valley Joint Vocational School in Piqua, Hunlock said.



Huber is scheduled to answer the charges at an arraignment hearing Friday in Auglaize County Common Pleas Court, according to court records.





Comments
comments powered by Disqus
Poll


Social Media/RSS
LimaOhio.com on Facebook
LimaOhio.com on Twitter
LimaOhio.com on Youtube
LimaOhio.com RSS Feeds





Civitas Media
COPYRIGHT 2013 CIVITAS MEDIA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.