Wednesday, July 23, 2014





Firefighter injured in Lima house fire


August 24. 2013 11:23AM
Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


LIMA — A firefighter was briefly hospitalized Sunday morning after a house fire that caused more than $60,000 in damage.



Lima Fire Department responded to the scene at 4:13 a.m. Sunday at 1007 W. Market St. and remained there for more than three hours tackling the blaze. Battalion Chief Greg Kirkendall said the duplex fire began on a kitchen stove. He said the flames then proceeded upstairs to another apartment, and then also caught a neighbor’s house on fire. A firefighter whose name was not released suffered a minor spinal injury; he was taken to St. Rita’s Medical Center and released.



All residents were able to get outside and were unharmed. Kirkendall said there was an estimated $60,000 in property damage and $12,000 in destroyed belongings.





Comments
comments powered by Disqus
Poll


Social Media/RSS
LimaOhio.com on Facebook
LimaOhio.com on Twitter
LimaOhio.com on Youtube
LimaOhio.com on Google+
LimaOhio.com on Pinterest
LimaOhio.com RSS Feeds





Civitas Media
COPYRIGHT 2013 CIVITAS MEDIA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.