Thursday, July 10, 2014





Attic fire damages Lima home


August 24. 2013 6:30AM
Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


LIMA - No one was hurt but a home was damaged after fire broke out in the attic of a single-story home on Elm Street early Wednesday morning.



Lima Fire Department responded to 2488 W. Elm St., at 2:39 a.m. in reference to smoke filling the home. They arrived to find a fire in the home’s attic, stretching about one-third across the length of the attic.



Homeowner Randy Gratz and residents said they were awoken by the family dogs barking and eventually by smoke detectors sounding. They found smoke in the home and were able to evacuate on their own.



Damages were assessed around $10,000, but the home is worth $110,000, fire officials reported. The official report ruled the fire was caused by faulty electrical wiring in the attic. There were no injuries as a result of the flames.



Fire officials remained on scene until around 4:22 a.m. Wednesday.





Comments
comments powered by Disqus
Poll


Social Media/RSS
LimaOhio.com on Facebook
LimaOhio.com on Twitter
LimaOhio.com on Youtube
LimaOhio.com on Google+
LimaOhio.com on Pinterest
LimaOhio.com RSS Feeds





Civitas Media
COPYRIGHT 2013 CIVITAS MEDIA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.