Thursday, April 24, 2014





Man sues Lima bar for assault


August 24. 2013 3:23AM
Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


LIMA — Another man has filed a lawsuit against a local bar and its owner saying an employee of the bar assaulted and injured him.



Anthony Lane filed the lawsuit against Harry’s Hide A Way & Patio on North Cable Road, its owner, Harry Larschied, and employee Swan “Bo” Nichols. Lane is seeking more than $25,000 in damages.



Last year, an Indiana man filed a similar lawsuit saying he was assaulted by a bar employee and suffered severe injuries during an incident on Dec. 14, 2011.



Lane said he was in the bar on July 5 when Nichols assaulted him. Lane said he walked past the disc jockey booth and Nichols struck him. The attack was unprovoked, the lawsuit said.



Lane suffered severe injuries including a broken jaw and injuries to his teeth and back, the lawsuit said.



Larschied could not be reached for comment Monday.



Lane said he incurred medical bills of more than $42,000 and that amount is expected to grow. He’s also reported lost wages of $509, the lawsuit said.



Lane further said Larschied failed to develop, implement and maintain policies that protect patrons of the bar.



In June, Michael Hawk filed a lawsuit against the bar, Larschied and a different employee, B.J. Stocklin, who the lawsuit said was in charge of security at the bar. Hawk said Stocklin started an argument and punched him in the face while he was in the bar playing pool.



Hawk is seeking more than $25,000, according to the lawsuit.





Comments
comments powered by Disqus
Poll


Social Media/RSS
LimaOhio.com on Facebook
LimaOhio.com on Twitter
LimaOhio.com on Youtube
LimaOhio.com RSS Feeds





Civitas Media
COPYRIGHT 2013 CIVITAS MEDIA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.