SIDNEY - No one was injured in a fire inside a grain dryer Wednesday night at Cargill.
Firefighters were called at 7:52 p.m. to the fire at 2400 Industrial Drive. Firefighters discovered the fire was on the north and east sides of the structure, about 100 feet off the ground. The fire was confined to the dryer. Firefighters established a water supply, according to Sidney Fire and Emergency Services.
All employees safely evacuated. Plant employees assisted firefighters and provided information and details about the product and building, the Sidney department reported.
The grain dryer sustained moderate damage, and the grain inside was destroyed. The dollar loss was estimated at $20,000 and could increase, according to the Sidney fire department.