LIMA- A Lima woman is being treated for smoke inhalation following a fire Thursday evening in her Lima home.
Battalion Chief Ed Hower, of the Lima Fire Department, said firefighters were called to 403 E. Second St. shortly before 5:30 p.m. Hower said the fire, which started in the basement, caused relatively little fire damage but produced a significant amount of smoke.
The homeowner, Alice McClellan, 65, was able to get out of the house on her own but was taken to St. Rita’s Medical Center for treatment, Hower said. A nursing supervisor said McClellan was listed in fair condition late Thursday.
Hower said no official cause has been determined, however, there appears to have been an electrical issue that could have sparked the blaze. Damage is listed at $3,000 to the property and contents, he said.