Thursday, July 10, 2014





Fire guts woman's kitchen


August 23. 2013 3:45PM
Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


LIMA -- Firefighters from the Lima Fire Department responded to a fire Monday afternoon that gutted a local woman’s kitchen.Joy Young, 28, of 1008 Linden St., was cooking on her stove at about 1 p.m. Monday when she went next door and left the stove on.Firefighters said a pot of oil on the stove boiled over, starting a fire that quickly spread up the cabinets and through the kitchen.Firefighters worked at the scene until about 1:39 p.m., after the entire kitchen was gutted.Additionally, there was smoke damage throughout the remainder of the house.Damage was estimated at $10,000 to property, and $1,500 contents.There were no injuries.





Comments
comments powered by Disqus
Poll


Social Media/RSS
LimaOhio.com on Facebook
LimaOhio.com on Twitter
LimaOhio.com on Youtube
LimaOhio.com on Google+
LimaOhio.com on Pinterest
LimaOhio.com RSS Feeds





Civitas Media
COPYRIGHT 2013 CIVITAS MEDIA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.