Last updated: August 23. 2013 11:09AM - 46 Views

Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

LIMA - Gary Michael was fast asleep in his first-floor bedroom Friday morning when the family cat came into the room and woke him up. For once, he was glad it did.The Lima man awoke at about 2:30 a.m. Friday to discover smoke in the room. He left the home and dialed 911. Firefighters later discovered a fire in a second-floor bedroom, according to a report from the Lima Fire Department.The fire caused about $9,500 damage, mostly from smoke. Firefighters believe it started with extension cords running through discarded clothes.Michael was the only one home at the time of the fire, according to the fire department. Both he and his cat escaped without injury.


Comments
comments powered by Disqus


Featured Businesses


Poll



Info Minute