Saturday, July 12, 2014





Cat alerts owner to fire


August 23. 2013 11:09AM
Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


LIMA - Gary Michael was fast asleep in his first-floor bedroom Friday morning when the family cat came into the room and woke him up. For once, he was glad it did.The Lima man awoke at about 2:30 a.m. Friday to discover smoke in the room. He left the home and dialed 911. Firefighters later discovered a fire in a second-floor bedroom, according to a report from the Lima Fire Department.The fire caused about $9,500 damage, mostly from smoke. Firefighters believe it started with extension cords running through discarded clothes.Michael was the only one home at the time of the fire, according to the fire department. Both he and his cat escaped without injury.





Comments
comments powered by Disqus
Poll


Social Media/RSS
LimaOhio.com on Facebook
LimaOhio.com on Twitter
LimaOhio.com on Youtube
LimaOhio.com on Google+
LimaOhio.com on Pinterest
LimaOhio.com RSS Feeds





Civitas Media
COPYRIGHT 2013 CIVITAS MEDIA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.