• The 10U Amherst Panthers defeated Columbia 13-10 in Lorain County Hot Stove action on Thursday, May 29. George Fayer and Reid Opel both had doubles, Joey Kramer had a triple, and John Belak hit a home run.
• The Amherst 14U Comets’ solid pitching earned them three games in a row and the Nations Batter Up State qualifying tournament. An 11-3 win over the Lake Erie Warhawks started the winning streak for the Comets. Nick Keron held the Warhawks with five strong innings, giving up only two hits and no earned runs. Max Mlincek, Owen Albers, and Alec Dimacchia had two hits each for Amherst.
The second victory came on a 5-0 win over the Eastside Gladiators. Ryan Glowacki held the Gladiators to one hit in five innings and Alec Dimacchia continued the shutout.
The Comets then faced the Geneva True Timber Bats in the championship game. Amherst trailed 7-2 in the sixth inning before scoring two runs to cut the lead to 7-4. In the seventh inning, the Comets were down by three with one out before the next seven batters got on base scoring six runs and taking a 10-7 lead. Albers started on the mound for Amherst before being replaced by Glowacki. Gehring Gabrie, Aaron Gonzalez, Mlincek, and Albers combined for eight hits.
• The 9U Amherst Panthers moved to 5-1 on the season with a 16-7 win over Columbia JL Moore in Lorain County Hot Stove play. Trent Branchen led the Panthers with five hits and Anderson Bingham and Grant Dobo had four hits apiece. Devin Pritt and Aiden Standen each had two hits including a double and triple.
• The Michigan Amherst Boys Majors defeated Wisconsin 13-9. Jordan Sauvey, Alex Ujarvi, Ethan Barnes, Holden Vandersommen combined for six hits, each earning one RBI. Aaron Dito pitched a remarkable game striking out six of the nine batters he faced.
• The Ohio State Amherst Boys Majors defeated Illinois 10-9. Tyler Templeton, Kaden Eaton, and Alex Woods each had two hits. Kaden Eaton and Alex Woods each pitched two scoreless innings.
• Ohio State defeated Michigan 14-2. Michigan’s Mathew Mendak earned one hit and Ditto struck out five of the six batters he faced.
• The Ohio State Amherst boys defeated Wisconsin 24-13. AJ Woods had three hits on the day. Eaton and Casey Hamerick each pitched a scoreless inning.
• The Amherst Iowa team defeated Illinois 22-10. Paul Janicki had a double and four RBIs. Gavin Bodi and Ryan Godlewski combined for six RBIs. Troy Branchen, Clay Martin, Preston Retort, and Dominic Dellipoalla each earned two RBIs.
• Iowa defeated Michigan 8-2. Michigan’s Mathew Mendak earned two hits and Dito struck out five of the nine batters he faced.
• The Amherst Michigan boys defeated Wisconsin 18-3. Michigan’s Ian Hughey, Tyler Simulcik, Matt Fessler, Ujarvi, and Dito combined for 13 hits on the day. Hughey and Simulcik struck out eight of the 15 batters they faced.
• Michigan defeated Illinois 9-8. The Amherst Michigan boys Fessler and Ujarvi had two hits a piece and Dito ended the game with a walk off three run home run.