COLUMBUS — The Ohio House Democratic Caucus has announced the Democratic candidates who have filed to be on the November ballot for all 99 districts. Local district candidates include:
- 4th Ohio District (Allen County) — Tristam Cheeseman
- 81st Ohio District (Putnam, Henry and Williams ) — Janet Breneman
- 82nd Ohio District (Van Wert and Auglaize) — Aden Baker
- 83rd Ohio District (Hardin, Hancock and part of Logan) — Ashley Philipp
- 84th Ohio District (Mercer and parts of Auglaize, Shelby and Darke) — Joe Monbeck
Three of the five candidates in the greater Lima region, including 4th Ohio District candidate Tristam Cheeseman, are 20 year of age or less. All five seats are currently held by Republicans.
“People across Ohio still feel locked out and left behind by politicians in Columbus and Washington,” Democratic Minority Leader Rep. Fred Strahorn said. “Voters deserve elected officials who listen and put forward solutions based on facts, not politics.”
“Average people aren’t being heard at the Statehouse. Working peopole and families have more to worry about now than ever before,” Assistant Democratic Leader Rep. Nick Celebrezze said. “Things won’t get better until we demand better from our elected officials, and that starts with holding them accountable in the voting booth.”
Reach Josh Ellerbrock at 567-242-0398.