Bath Township house damaged by fire


LIMA — A fire damaged a Bath Township home Tuesday evening.

The Bath Township Fire Department was dispatched at approximately 7:27 p.m. Tuesday evening to a house fire at 1245 N. Sugar St., Lima.

When crews arrived, they found smoke and fire in the basement of the home. The fire was extinguished quickly by department personnel.

The 1,398 square foot house is owned by Ashley O’Black, who was home, along with her family, at the time of the fire.

The damage to the structure and contents was determined to be less than $5,000.

The cause of the fire was determined to be due to improper use of a temporary heating device, and was ruled accidental.

No occupants or fire department personnel were injured.

http://www.limaohio.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/54/2018/01/web1_Fire.jpg