• Daily gate admission is $7 for adults and free for children 8 years old and younger.
• Senior Citizen’s Day is Aug. 23, with free admission for those age 60 and older all day. Also that day, admission is free for all ages until 3 p.m.
• Veterans Day is Aug. 24, with free admission for veterans all day.
• There is a $2-off coupon for gate admission in the fair book, available free around the county.
• Parking is free, but obey signage.
• Vehicles with a hanging parking permit or windshield permit need to enter the gate printed on thie permit and should park in the lot designated.
• Vehicles are not permitted on the midway or exhibit streets between 11 a.m. and midnight during the fair.
• Handicapped parking is available at Gate 1 north of the gospel tent, Gate 2 north of the Merchants Building, Gates 3 and 4 south of the grandstand and racetrack, and Gate W west of the fairgrounds behind Walmart.
• Cars will be towed. A fee of $35 applies to retrieve your car from the impound lot.
• The Allen County Fair Office is open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. during the fair.
• Use common sense when entering the barns. Be respectful of the animals and of the people showing them. Do not take food or drink into the barns, and always wash your hands thoroughly after. There are reports of swine flu sickening people who handled hogs at fairs in the Midwest this year. The illness is mild, but undesirable nonetheless.