GREG SOWINSKI419-993-2090 • firstname.lastname@example.org
December 2, 2013
LIMA — A sleeping homeowner was lucky to be alive Monday after he woke to smoke in his home and escaped.
Juan O. Young did not have a working smoke detector inside his home at 526 S. West St. but somehow woke from his sleep. He jumped out a second-floor window and somehow escaped injury again, Battalion Chief Ed Hower said.
The fire was called in at 12:26 a.m. It started in a first-floor laundry room and the cause was believed to be electrical in nature. There was an estimated $13,500 in damage, Hower said.