limaohio.com

Lima house fire kills two dogs

January 21, 2013

LIMA An overloaded electrical outlet sparked a house fire on South Union Street on Sunday afternoon that killed two dogs.



Lima Fire Department was dispatched just after 5 p.m. to extinguish the flames at 809 S. Union Street. Battalion Chief Greg Kirkendall said the fire was confined to the living room, but there was heavy smoke damage throughout the home.



Residents were not home at the time. Fire officials estimate total damages around $7,500.