The thought that offensive lineman Brandon Bowen’s de-commitment from Utah meant he was headed to Ohio State was confirmed when the Utah high school standout verbally committed to OSU this week.
Bowen (6-7, 315 pounds) is the 22nd verbal commitment for the Buckeyes in the 2015 recruiting class and the fourth offensive lineman. All four are from out of state – Kevin Feder (New Jersey), Grant Schmidt (South Dakota), Matt Burrell (Viriginia) and Bowen.
Trayvon Mullen, a 4-star cornerback from Coconut Creek, Fla., in the 2016 recruiting class included Ohio State on a list of his favorite schools on Twitter. But that list had 20 schools on it, so his decision is still a long way off in the future.
Joe Burrow (Athens The Plains), a 2015 OSU verbal commitment, passed for four touchdowns, ran for two more and caught a touchdown pass when one of his throws was deflected back to him in a 52-20 regional championship win over Columbus DeSales last Friday.
Torrance Gibson (Plantation, Fla., American Heritage) passed for two touchdowns and ran for another in a playoff game.
“Personally, I have grown to not like them very much ever since birth.”
—Ohio State wide receiver Evan Spencer, talking about how he feels about Michigan.
BUCKEYE BRAIN BUSTERS
1. What year did the Ohio State tradition of senior tackle begin?
2. What year did the Ohio State tradition of the pre-game band show, the Skull Session, begin?
3. What year did the Ohio State band first perform the legendary Script Ohio?
4. What year did the tradition of a Sousaphone player dotting the I in Script Ohio start?
5. What year did Ohio State’s band first play “Hang on Sloopy”?
Answers: 1. 1913; 2. 1932; 3. 1936; 4. 1938; 5. 1965