Last updated: May 10. 2014 10:15PM - 2248 Views
By - lmihm@civitasmedia.com

Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

BATH TOWNSHIP — A woman was hospitalized after a house fire early Saturday.

The Bath Township Fire Department responded to the fire at 4:02 a.m. Saturday at 490 Yale Ave.

The 1,680-square-foot home is owned by John and Roshella Calhoun, who were asleep at the time of the fire. They said they awoke to the smell of smoke. They then woke their three children, escaped the home and called 911.

The majority of the house was a total loss, suffering heat, water and smoke damage. The attached garage and the vehicle inside were not damaged in the fire. Initial damage estimate was $150,000. A nearby garden shed was also destroyed. The house next door sustained heat damage to its vinyl siding.

Fire investigators said they believe the fire started in the kitchen area.

Roshella Calhoun was taken to Lima Memorial Health System, where her condition was unavailable late Saturday.

All user comments are subject to our Terms of Service. Users may flag inappropriate comments.
comments powered by Disqus

Featured Businesses


Info Minute

Gas Prices

Lima Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com